30 December 2011

Those who can, do; those who can't... shop

The winter is making me a little stir crazy. It's been so long since we've been on a long ride and I'm really starting to anticipate the start of the cycling season when we get back to London. I seem to be responding to these feelings in a similar manner as I used to do when I was a kid during back-to-school season.... shopping!



A combination of the friendly pound-to-dollar exchange rate (friendly for me, anyway!) and the after-Christmas sales means that I am running in to a lot of too-good-to-pass-up deals on cycling clothes... but I fear I may have gone overboard.

Between my new purchases and the cycling things that Santa brought me, I will be returning to England in a few days with...

  • a new pair of cycling shorts
  • a new pair of thermal cycling tights
  • two new short-sleeved jerseys-- a bright yellow one and a super-cool Philadelphia one pictured above
  • A new lightweight waterproof packable jacket
  • A new buff
  • A new cyclocomputer (for my mountain bike)
  • Two new sleeveless base layers
  • A new little bag that sits on my bike's crossbar
Not to mention the new running shirts and shorts that I picked up, which will double as my 'civilian' clothes when we do the Camino (due to their quick-drying properties).

It's been a very successful shopping season, but I'm ready for the cycling season to start again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment