A combination of the friendly pound-to-dollar exchange rate (friendly for me, anyway!) and the after-Christmas sales means that I am running in to a lot of too-good-to-pass-up deals on cycling clothes... but I fear I may have gone overboard.
Between my new purchases and the cycling things that Santa brought me, I will be returning to England in a few days with...
- a new pair of cycling shorts
- a new pair of thermal cycling tights
- two new short-sleeved jerseys-- a bright yellow one and a super-cool Philadelphia one pictured above
- A new lightweight waterproof packable jacket
- A new buff
- A new cyclocomputer (for my mountain bike)
- Two new sleeveless base layers
- A new little bag that sits on my bike's crossbar
Not to mention the new running shirts and shorts that I picked up, which will double as my 'civilian' clothes when we do the Camino (due to their quick-drying properties).
It's been a very successful shopping season, but I'm ready for the cycling season to start again!